When I have time, I like to make a little something fun for tags on my gifts. Last year I frosted some gingerbread ornament cookies for tags on my nephew's gifts. The tags were more of a hit than the gifts at the time...
This year I used my rounded rectangle punch to make my own tags out of some thin cardboard (repurposed from the backing of a notepad), and then I just took my red Sharpie pen to them. Usually I'm too much of a perfectionist to do a hand-drawn look, but I think they're kind of fun and look good with this year's Ikea wrapping paper, so I'm going with this simple approach.
If you just want to print some cute paper tags, here is a roundup of some fabulous printables:
- Adorable variety, including chevron and polka dots, from Jones Design Company
- Funky and modern tags from West Elm (via How about Orange)
- Super cute monogram tags from Martha
- A sheet of fun, colorful tags, also from Martha (pdf)
- Some fun floral tags from Alphamom
I tied them on with the leftover gold elastic from my ornament making.