Wednesday, August 10, 2011

embroidery thread

Whoops, life kind of got in the way of any type of crafting for a couple days there...

One supply that's really easy to accumulate is embroidery thread. It's so cheap! And comes in so many fun colors! But it's not like I do all that much embroidery...
 (Sadly, that is pretty much what my stash looks like, stored 
in a Ziploc bag. Need to work on organization for that one!)

Luckily there are friendship bracelet tutorials going around, a great way to use some of that thread. And give your hands something to do while you're watching TV.

I followed this tutorial, which just leaves the ends long so the bracelets can be tied on. But doing that by yourself is nigh unto impossible, so I tried a couple solutions. I braided the ends of one and added some ribbon clasps I had left over from another project. On another I added a bead to one end and made a loop with the other.

 
Still not super easy to put on without assistance (or elegant looking), but that's just how bracelets go sometimes... Any other brilliant solutions out there?


2 comments:

  1. How many did you make? I am super impressed. It took me forever to make 1! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool blog, I'm a new follower from the hop...stop by keeping up with kristi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...