Tuesday, August 2, 2011

painted placemats

 

In Work with What You've Got week, the first supply I've been accumulating and needed to actually start using: acrylic paints.

I had a strip of canvas left over from my floorcloth project, so I decided to use some of my paints to turn it into placemats suitable for outdoor use. I started by prepping the canvas with polyacrylic just like the floorcloth, then used stickers to mark off my design.

After rolling on the paint and peeling off the stickers, I let it dry and then did two more coats of polyacrylic.

Finally I cut the strip up into four equal rectangles, and now I've got some fun placemats to use outside (if it ever cools off enough to actually eat out there - going on a record-breaking 18th day in a row above 90 degrees around here).

6 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I really like the idea behind this challenge, as well :).

    Oh, and I really adore you yellow stripey chair cushions :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!! So many options for sayings ... even specific ones for each of my kids. :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great! you could put something like that in the christmas exchange....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice... This idea gets my creative juices flowing!!

    I am hosting my first link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you can supply all the christmas exchange things! we can just fight over which one we want most.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...