Thursday, May 3, 2012

painted spoons

I love the dipped paint look I've been seeing all over Pinterest, from furniture legs to wooden utensils. Inspired by a tutorial from House of Earnest, I got an inexpensive bamboo utensil set from Target (under $5) and got out my stash of craft paints...
Photobucket

This was such an easy and inexpensive project for such great results - they'll be fun serving spoons for summer! (The shellac is non-toxic, but I still made sure not to put paint/shellac close to the end of the spoon that will touch food, and they'll be hand-wash only.) Here's the basic process:
Photobucket

pin-present8c
Photobucket

Sharing here and:
Pinterest Challenge

11 comments:

  1. These are great!! I would love if you could link this up to my weekly I Love Fridays party. I think my readers would really appreciate this idea! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! It would make a great shower gift, or even hostess gift too, I think.:)
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CLEVER! I love adding a pop of color to things....this is perfect! I would Love to have you share this at my party going on....I am also your newest GFC follower...would love to have you stop by!
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/05/homemade-by-you-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you stopped by and linked up!! This is such a cool idea! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these spoons. I always use wooden spoons and this make them so special. Just hopping over from Finding Fabulous to check them out. I am pinning them so I don't forget to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable!! Perfect for serving summer salads with their bright, cheery colors! What a great idea! XO, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anne,

    You are the coolest and I wish I could craft with you.

    xx
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on winning The Pinterest Challenge! Email me your mailing address and we'll get those prizes right out to you!

    betterlifebags@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Here i found great stuff collection which are helpful for me, fabulous post you have made here.

    Miroir Sortie Garage

    Thanks.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yours turned out amazingly! Very fun colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...