- Napkins (or fabric to sew your own)
- Acrylic paints or fabric paints in metallics
- Fabric medium (if using acrylic paints)
- Round foam brush (pouncer)
- Paper plate to pour paint on
Since I used regular acrylic paints, I mixed them with a fabric medium (according to the instructions on the bottle) to make sure the napkins would be machine washable. Then I just laid out the napkins on some newspaper, dipped the foam brush, and made random dots all over. I didn't worry too much about perfect coverage for each dot, but kind of twisting the brush around a little once pressed down helped get fairly even coverage. After they were dry, I ironed to set the fabric medium.
I gave these ones as gifts - they might also be great as hostess gifts - but if I were hosting anything at New Year's, I'd definitely use these for a festive table setting!