Monday, November 28, 2011

holiday table

One of the fun things about hosting Thanksgiving was the excuse to use my various serving dishes (which definitely don't get used for normal dinners around here - not doing extra dishes when it's just the two of us!) and set the table all fancy. I have all white dishes and serving platters/bowls, so they go with everything and I can change things up for various occasions with different linens. We had our dinner late, so I took a few photos of the set table before it got dark out... it was loaded with food soon enough.
 
 

I went with a gold + rustic/fall colors theme, with gold chargers from Target and some fallish napkins and a table runner I already had around. I tied in the table with the banner I made for the mantel, bringing in some twine on the candle and to tie placecard tags to the napkins. I punched the tags out of gold paper and put stickers similar to the banner font to mark each person's first initial. A super easy but festive set up - which could be very easily changed to a December holiday party table by switching out the runner and napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...